Consumer / B2C Industries
Clients who sell or provide services to consumers differ from our commercial clients. Consumer expectations, tolerances and touchpoints require different solutions. Our work in marketing, operations, technology and service enables us to drive business for our clients. Introducing disciplines and practices from B2B clients provides the means to scale up effectively while managing investments and operating costs.
Digital Transformation – Telemedicine
The Government of Romania sought to deliver healthcare efficiently to historically underserved areas of the country. The majority of the population lives in rural areas or remote areas of the country with limited access to healthcare. Actionable Strategies assessed the viability of telemedicine to provide healthcare throughout Romania. The project resulted in funding for the initiative which initially saved several rural hospitals from closure and led to broad adoption of telemedicine.
Deliverables to the Ministry of Health included:
- Strategic Roadmap including benchmarking objectives
- Technology Strategy leading to eHealth services
- Implementation Plan covering: technology, operations, organization, financial, regulatory and citizen impact
Stakeholders in addition to the Ministry of Health:
- National Health Insurance House
- Ministry of Communications and Information Society
- Special Telecommunications Services
- Ministry of Finance
- 10 large hospitals
Information management required the implementation of national Electronic Medical Records. All technology had to be integrated with many legacy systems implemented in different municipalities.
The project achieved the Government Of Romania’s objectives:
- Improve the efficiency of specialized care in rural areas
- Counter the effects of the decision to close hospitals and turn them into homes for the elderly
- Increase access of the patients from rural areas to the low number of medical specialists in chronic diseases (for example Parkinson’s disease, diabetes, hypertension, etc.).
- In addition, the project aligns to the objectives of the EU eHealth Action Plan 2012-2020
The EU funded the Romanian government to implement a telemedicine network for people in rural areas. Facing conversion to nursing homes, several rural hospitals instead remained open as a result of this project.
Retail Process Automation – Lean Reverse Logistics
The client is one of the largest retailers in the U.S. with over 300,000 employees working in roughly 2,400 stores. Revenues have grown steadily to over $68 billion. eCommerce and B2B are a growing components of the marketing mix.
Reverse logistics (returns) became a growing part of the clients operations and it was postulated that there was an attendant growth in shrinkage (theft). Consultants applied Lean and Six Sigma tools to evaluate the process and produce measurements.
The solution involved a combination of process improvement and automation.
1. Define a Lean process that eliminated waste in a straight-through process
2. Automate the intake of merchandise
3. Implement controls to reduce shrinkage
The client was able to implement an efficient process which improved the experience for their customers. Shrinkage in the Reverse Logistics process was dramatically reduced.